Thursday, February 20, 2014

Things You Should Watch # 1

I figured that to further organize this blog, I'm going to break it down into different sections. They won't be updated regularly (except for Sexy Saturday, of course, for obvious reasons) but simply when I feel like I have found something worthy of putting in the section.

If you hadn't guessed already, this section is simply things that you should watch, be it dramas, music videos, and random crap I happen to stumble across.

Today, the featured 'Thing You Should Watch' is LOEN Music's, or, excuse me, 1theK's new web drama, 'Another Parting', and if you watch it, you'll see why. However, if you need someone to push you to watch it, continue on and read this article on why you should watch this masterpiece.


The first thing I noticed when watching the trailer for the show was not the fact that they cast Seo In Guk, though that's pretty dope as well, but what I noticed was the soundtrack. I mean, you can't deny that the instrumentals that play throughout the episodes are damn amazing, especially the one in the beginning of episode one. I honestly can't wait until they decide to release the whole soundtrack on iTunes or something, because I'd buy that.

The story starts off slow. Seo In Guk is an alien who has been placed on Earth to find out what his predecessors haven't, why humans cry. However, he only has one day to find out and meets a singer named Hana, who has just gotten out of a relationship with her producer who left her for a new girl named Jenny (reminds me a bit of 200 Lbs. Beauty...). Seo In Guk, being an alien, doesn't know how to communicate with humans very well. Hell, if I were to guess what kind of alien he was, I'd say a crab. I mean, look at the way he walks!

So crab-like... I mean, shit, when your creepy ahjumma alien buddy who's obviously gotten a bit too much botox has to remind you that humans WALK FORWARDS, you know you're in some pretty deep shit. Or you're just fucking stupid.

At the end of episode one, Seo In Guk, who has no name, finds Hana, who's played by Wang Ji Won, on the side of a bridge crying and about to commit suicide. He notices this and stops her on his mission to find out why humans cry, and thus starts their adventure into oblivion.

The series is still in progress and so far, there are three episodes. They're pretty short, spanning from 8-10 minutes long each, but that doesn't matter with a show this good.

All in all, it's worth the time if you have any to watch it and see it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment