Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 15 Biases of 2014


It's nearing the end of the year, and 2015 is nigh. Though 2014 was an extremely shit year for kpop scandals (as you've heard probably 500 times before...), some great things came out of it. And by some I mean not many, and by not many, I mean minimal. However, with all of that aside, here is the long awaited (just kidding, nobody cares) list of my bi-asses from 2014.

15


Meng Jia

And I probably have people judging my taste in women already, but whatever. After a long hiatus from listening to kpop in 2012, it must have been December or so when miss A's 'Touch' appeared in the suggested videos in YouTube. Thinking that my kpop days were over and  couldn't possibly be as bad they were before, I clicked the video. I thoroughly enjoyed them and decided to check them out more. I remember watching their 'Love Again' MV, and for some reason, I thought Jia was really cute (because she is). And so started my never-ending misadventures into the world of kpop.

14


Jeon Hyosung

I've actually liked Hyosung for a while, and 'Good-night Kiss' just sealed the deal. My bias in Secret actually used to be Zinger/Hana/whatever the fuck she calls herself nowadays. Hyosung's release this year is one of the few solo debuts that I can actually say that I enjoyed considerably maybe because of all the ass because it was really addicting and had high replay value as well. 

13


Kim Yura

I have absolutely no idea why Yura shot so far up my bias list this year. Maybe it's the fact that she's so fucking stupid that it really humanizes her. Honestly, she's so out there, and it really helps me feel as if I'm not attracted to a robot. She's also really hot, and as you may already tell, that's the reason that so many of my biases are- well- my biases (I'm extremely shallow, to be honest).


12

Boobies

Park Kyungri

Now, it's no secret that I'm an extreme fangirl of Nine Muses (it's quite disturbing how much I like them, really). I always saw people raving about Kyungri, but I wasn't really sure why. Sure, she's hot, but I didn't think she was the hottest in Nine Muses, or even the top three from that group. However, after that Nasty Nasty collaboration, I started to see why people liked her so much (maybe because the nearest girl to compare her to was that rookie Sojin...).

11


Mina

From the start, Mina didn't really leave much of a lasting impression on me when I first discovered AoA. When it comes to groups like AoA where all the members are attractive as fuck, it's really difficult to pick out one or two that stand out the most. However, Mina managed to be one of the two members that made it on this list after their 'Like a Cat' comeback. She really stands out when it comes to more 'mature' styles like in this video, as the dark hair and clothing really does her justice. She's been getting prettier and prettier with each comeback, and I can't imagine how life-ruiningly beautiful she'll be in AoA's 2015 releases.

10



Dara

Dara is the second person on this list that I know a lot of people would gladly disagree with. I don't see why people find her so unattractive though, but it's probably because the directors always dress her up like a three-year old. However, she didn't look so bad in Come Back Home and Gotta Be You, and I'm really glad she didn't because she's the second oldest in 2NE1, and their need to dress her up like a toddler is beyond me. However, 2NE1 really needs to tone down the Jeremy Scott, because, well, he's an awful designer.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't find this image highly cringe-worthy
9


Solar

Out of all 500 rookie groups to debut this year, Mamamoo was by far my favorite. Maybe it was the fact that they had the sound that I really like to hear in kpop, or maybe it was the fact that they could actually sing (or both). I didn't enjoy Piano Man as much as I did Peppermint Chocolate or Don't Be Happy, but it was still a decent song, but that's all besides the point. I don't know exactly why I like Solar so much. I actually think the main reason is her voice (as well as her quirky persona), because I even find Whee In a bit prettier than she is, but there's no denying that she has a great voice.

8


Im Jinah (Nana)

I remember when I first came across some After School videos, everybody was always raving about Nana in the comments section. I didn't exactly get why, but Orange Caramel's Catallena made me have more interest in her, and honestly, I love her personality of not really giving a fuck about her 'perfect' image when it comes to things like variety. She's also a little out there like Yura, which never hurts for an idol (unless you're really trying to get knets to love you, then act as fake as possible).


7


Park Choa

To be completely honest, I really didn't care a lot about AoA before Miniskirt came out at the beginning of the year. Choa wasn't even the first one I really liked, I think I used to think Seolhyun or Hyejeong were my biases. However, she really stood out in Short Hair, and she looked really good in that 'Eye Contact' dance practice video. Let's just hope that she keeps her hair the way it is, because, um...

Yeah...

6


Park Jiyeon

Oh yes, the heavily dubbed 'Cyclops Overlord'. I'll admit, I never actually found her to be bad-looking, and her solo debut sent her soaring up my bias list. Sure she isn't the strongest vocal ever, but her voice works extremely well with songs like 'Marionette', and her short hair looks really great on her (though she still looks hot in this photo-shoot from wayyy back when Gangkiz was still a thing).

RIP, Gangkiz

5


Moon Hyuna

As expected, Nine Muses is once again on this list. Here, we have the Queen, Moonie, who has a strange obsession with her cats (all, if not most of her videos on YouTube are of her cats). Before Sera left Nine Muses, they used to be tied, but now that's she's no longer in the group, Hyuna has since taken over that spot. I legitimately don't understand why Knets think Hyuna is ugly, and if you believe she is, please write in the comments as to why you feel this way.

Koreans have a really strange concept of beauty if they think she's ugly...

4


Park Hyomin (aka "Hyomiley")

I feel as if I'm the only one who genuinely believes that her short 'Miley Cyrus' hair from Nice Body really suits her. Sure, I miss her hair from 'Number 9', but I really think that short hair looks amazing on her. She's also pretty stupid, which as I mentioned before, is really endearing. I don't mind her rapping either, and though all the other songs on Make Up were absolute shit, 'Overcome' was actually my jam for a while (feel free to shit on my taste in music in the comments~).

Actually a goddess
3


Victoria Song

I really didn't care too much for f(x) until 'Red Light' came out in July, but Victoria looked the best out of all the members in that video (even better than Krystal and Sulli, I dare say), and she rightfully deserves the "Goddess of Asia" award she got this year. Looking back, she's always been really pretty, but this year she especially shined through.

2


Krystal Jung

I don't know what it is about Krystal that makes me like her so much. I don't know what it is about half these women that makes me like them so much. Anyways, like Victoria, she looked absolutely stunning in 'Red Light', and even though not everyone will agree with me, she looks great with her blonde and red hair especially. 

Honorable Mention

Now before we get to my number one bias (which you all probably know anyways), I'd like to mention one person who deserves to be recognized for her activities this year, and that person is...


Kemy

Now if you don't know what 'activities' I speak of, either:
1. You were sleeping for all of 2014.
2. You could really care less because she's from a pretty irrelevant group.
Anyways, she made a diss against Park Bom after the whole drug smuggling thing was a huge deal, and must I say, it's fucking hilarious. Sure everyone hates her now, but I love how she really doesn't give a fuck and pretty much puts a popular member of pretty much the second most popular girl group in Korea on full blast, and is completely free of regret.

Now what you all were waiting for, or if you just scrolled way to the bottom to see this, my top bias from 2014 is...

1


Shindong

"Shindong is love, Shindong is life," I whisper, caressing the (non-existent) Super Junior poster hanging on my wall, praying to Siwon's mustache that he will one day visit me in the night as the Shrek child foretold. As you all expected, my love for Shindong is undying. Look at his beauty, take in his majestic bowl hair cut that's so three centuries ago. He is a beautiful human being sent down from heaven to save us from the pits of despair with his angelic presence and beautiful face... not.

Christ, it was painful writing that, let alone looking at that picture long enough to write a few statements about it. I bet if any of you got a hard from any of the people listed above, that's completely gone because of that picture (unless you have a fetish for whales).

Now, even if you all probably expected it, my top bias of 2014 is:

1


Jessica Jung

"Well, that was anti-climatic," you may be thinking as you try to recover from the mental scarring of the last part (let's face it though, it's not half as bad as the rest of the shit that CZ or sulli_fag post). Or you may be thinking, "How cliché, the Jung sisters make up the top two biases," to which I must simply respond, they're damn hot. I'm pretty sure that this list contains many of people people who have been referred to "endearingly" as horses on this blog,  and now the most infamous horse, jaw-shave Jessica. And now more than ever, Knets find more things to use against her, and I wouldn't blame them for putting her on blast for her taste in men. Hopefully her company Blank and (Chocolate) Eclair does fine with the help of her balling boyfriend, just as a way to one-up SM for being shit.

I saw the perfect opportunity to make this, so I did (you're very welcome).

As for you guys, the readers, who are your top biases? And who on this list could you completely disagree on? (I'd really like to know) Please leave your responses in the comments section, and have a happy New Year! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment