Wednesday, February 19, 2014

MV Review - The Super Kawaii Desu Edition



If you can watch the whole video without smiling, you're a heartless bastard.

Honestly, it's the first time I've ever heard of this group. It's also the first time I've really ever listened to J-Pop. It feels slightly out of place to make a J-Pop post on a mainly K-Pop website, but it's my site, so I can do what I want. :D

Now, that's enough with that. I actually came across this video watching BoA's 'new' Japanese single and I accidentally clicked it and started to think, 'Ah, fuck. What have I gotten myself into?' Weirdly, I forced myself to watch the whole video, and regret none of it.

Here's how these reviews are going to be broken down. There are going to be a few sections per for each review based on separate aspects of the song. First, I'm going to review the song itself, then move onto the dance, and then end with the video in whole. Keep in mind I'm no expert in any of these fields and just as experienced as you, unless you do happen to be an expert in any of these things, in these areas.

Song - The song itself is actually not half bad. It has the typical J-Pop girl group feel to it, meaning extremely kawaii desu in all points. Their voices aren't bad, but aren't great either, however they're more on the good side than the bad side. Meaning good (Jesus, I'm not good at this blogging shit). With that tat aside, according to youtuberepeat, I listened to this song over 30 times in a row without even noticing it. Verdict? It's a good song.
5/5 Kawaii Desu Points

Dance - The dance really wasn't all too special, that is until they did that witchcraft with those obviously advertised Samantha Thevasa handbags (I swear, she's taking over the fucking world, or must I say, the Galaxy Supernova? Haha, get it? Galaxy Supernova, the song by SNSD where she forced them to advertise her fucking epilepsy-causing pastel pants- you know what? Nevermind. Forget I even tried). Unless I'm far behind on J-Pop, that's some pretty original stuff right there and brought their score for the dance up. And the dance for the chorus? Adorable. THAT SYNCHRONIZATION THOUGH. You know what, fuck it. I'll give this a
4.5/5 for sheer awesome


Some gifs I made for your enjoyment :)


Video - All the video really was was the dance. However, I guess here I'll comment on the editing and amazingness of it. Not really being into J-Pop, it reminds me of SNSD's Beep Beep minus seizures, but keeping the cuteness of said video. Actually, it's really nothing like Beep Beep. I don't even know where I'm going with this. The thing is, the solo shots were enjoyable because the girls are extremely pretty, and there are 29 of them. I thought that was a lot at first, until I realized there's still another group with about 60 more members (AKB48 for those wondering). I honestly never thought I would ever have to say that in my life. Now I'm just rambling. Enough with that and let me get to the point- I really enjoyed the editing. Maybe it's because I'm a girl, I don't know. Sure, they may have been extremely cheesy, but I still found them extremely adorable as well. Thus, this is well deserving of a
5/5 for Awesome Editing Possibly Made in About 5 Seconds Using a Crappy Editing Program

Now, you all may be thinking after reading this, 'You sure are an easy grader.' 
It's simply because I started off with a good song and video with minimal problems. If I find a shitty video with a shitty song, I won't bother to give it the shitty rating it deserves (cough, Michi Go, cough). 

Now here comes the part of the review where I ask any possible readers (meaning no one) of this post to write suggestions for videos or topics that I should cover next in the comments section below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment