Wednesday, April 9, 2014

MV Review - IU (as well as some guy group I could care less for)'s 'Not Spring, Love, or Cherry Blossoms'



It's been a long time since I've done any of these. Too long. So I decided that for a chance, I'd try to retain 'normalcy' and add another post to this section, and a new song by IU is a great way to start it out.

Can I just comment on the awkwardly cropped/timed thumbnail? Sorry, I just had to point that out before I started.

Song - The song is pretty good and sounds like the typical (pre-Modern Times) IU song. Actually, it's slightly reminiscent of Friday. I was jamming to the song up until about the two-minute mark. The moment the rap started up (keep in mind I was blasting my headphones since I wasn't aware of the ear-rape that was about to commence), I wanted to take the headphone wire and string it through my ears so I would never have to listen to the crap again. Morbid, I know, but that still doesn't even come close to explaining how much I hate it. While still not as bad as Kris' lame excuse for a rap in awfully broken English in 'Say Yes', this was still unbearably painful to listen to, and makes me wish somebody will hurry up and edit the part out. Though even without the rap, the song itself is not exactly perfect, it would've gotten at least a 4.5, but because of the shit rap?
3/5 is a generous grade, please don't have this group shit all over IU's songs in the future, okay?

Video - The video all in itself is not very much to talk about, a lot of white. However, it causes the group and IU to pop out a bit more. If this was the first video I saw of this style, I'd most likely be very impressed, however, I've seen a lot much like this and it didn't really stand out to me. On the plus side, it fit the mood of the song. And I'll also add a few points for IU's hair in a pony tail, because, you have to admit, that was hot.
4/5

Dance - I can't really say much for this section for the lack of a true 'dance' in this video, apart from the awkward moves at the end, but I'll just ignore that and leave this section blank.
-/-

Conclusion - 3.5/5
To sum it all up if you're not willing to read the whole review, if you're looking for a song to pass the time waiting for more releases by IU, or if you were one of the few that were not in support of her new direction in Modern Times, this a song for you. However, if you want something more upbeat by IU, go back to You&I or something like that. All in all, it's a pretty good song, though not amongst my favorites.



No comments:

Post a Comment